After finishing my Bee-otch mittens, I used my newly purchased MadTosh fingering yarn to start on a sweater. I chose Andrea Mowry's Stonecrop pullover. The colorwork looked pretty easy. Plus, I wanted to give knitting in fingering weight yarn for a garment a try.
At first, I knit way too loosely and had to frog it after a few rows. The zig zag pattern was really blurry. So on my second try, I made my stitches tighter and I think it looks better. I think other people must be using thicker yarn because even with my tighter stitches, it still looks more "holey" than the others I have seen on instagram and ravelry.
Currently, I'm about 70% there. I think I will do 4 to 5 more inches for the torso, then make this a cap sleeve. I'm so happy that my shoulder shaping worked out and is centered on my back this time, instead of on a shoulder like my last sweater. :P
Leave a Reply.
Crafting and creating keeps me sane and happy. Previous projects listed here.